Wednesday, March 30, 2011

an armoire story

I received a phone call from John today which struck fear in my heart. It seems he had come across an armoire on the side of the road with a sign that said, "free" on it.  He was so excited that he hastily loaded it up and promptly called me to rave about his find.  Conjuring up all kinds of images of what kind of armoire would be "free" on the side of the road led to terrifying thoughts of  John "decorating" my house in New York.  (I already had to remove an unbelievably tacky tin sign on my last trip.)  He did mention the armoire "needed a little work..."  Several hours later, after presumably placing the darn thing in my home, he finally sent me a picture.


Not too shabby!  We had someone  examine it and it's over 100 years old and made of teak - except for the two replaced bottom drawers.   Only in the Hamptons...



No comments:

Post a Comment