Wednesday, July 31, 2013

big sur


I have traveled to California
many times ~
 visiting
San Diego, LaJolla, 
Los Angeles,
Manhattan, Redondo,
and Venice Beaches,
Rancho Palos Verdes,
 Santa Monica,
San Francisco, Napa, Tahoe
and so on.
But 
I had never visited
Big Sur.
It has been on my bucket list for years,
yet I just hadn't made it.
Until two weeks ago.

Big Sur lived up to my every expectation.

We drove down the PCH
early one morning
and began to explore
the numerous state parks
and hiking trails.


At first, it was foggy, chilly,
and dreary.


Still, the paths were friendly


and the views serene.



As we drove further south,
the sun began to break through
and at each stop


we became more and more
 enamored
with Big Sur.


It is simply the most
spectacularly scenic
place I have ever been.


McWay Falls
was breathtaking.


Now that we've been,
we know that we must return
and bring 
Lyons and Carolyn.


It's too incredible not to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment