Thursday, April 7, 2011

foreign films


One of my favorite things to do in the Hamptons is to view international films.  I loooove foreign films.  Before moving to New York, I thought people who watched them were pretentious (yep - that was me - narrow-minded, judgmental).  However, I discovered that I Really Like them.  They're so different than the typical American Blockbuster and I like that quirky uniqueness.  Foreign films have a different purview.  Even the camera angles seem to view the world differently.  I also like the fact that the actors and actresses look like real people.  Did you see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in Swedish?  I liked the cast of characters.  They were exactly as I imagined them in the book.  Gritty.  Real.  If the characters  had been portrayed by Brad and Angelina, the story wouldn't have been nearly as compelling.  I can't wait to get back to the Sag Harbor Cinema and watch some films.

My faves: Coco Before Chanel,
Mademoiselle Chambon,
& The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Painful, shocking, but twisted good:
Gomorrah

No comments:

Post a Comment