Friday, August 5, 2011

fat, sick, and nearly dead


Our children are at the ages that they no longer like to hang out with us.
It's sad, but true.
Lyons would prefer to be on xbox or the laptop
and C would like to be anywhere, but home.

One evening this summer,
we decided that we would watch a movie together, as a family.
And then...
I had the brilliant idea that
instead of just watching a movie together,
we could Learn something.
The kids were (not) thrilled!

We decided to use the xbox 
to pull up Netflix
and watch a free documentary.
And so began -
a new tradition.

Turns out...
we actually enjoyed evenings together
watching documentaries.

My favorite was 
Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.


John and I can't stop talking about it.
It is the most amazing, inspirational story
of two men who made radical changes in their lifestyles
to improve their health.
It moved me.
It informed me.
It made me think.
If you get a chance,
watch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment