Wednesday, September 7, 2011

hampton classic 2011

There are a few Hampton events that I absolutely will not miss -
even after returning to Georgia.  
One such event is the Hampton Classic Horse Show.
Before signing my teaching contract this year,
I read it thoroughly to be sure it included 
two personal days.

The horse show runs over the period of a week
with a culminating day known as
Grand Prix Sunday.

On Saturday,
we stopped by the Classic 
to see several of Wolffer's clients ride.
They all looked fantastic.

Then, we grabbed a funnel cake for lunch
(I'm healthy like that.)
and shopped around at the Classic.
I purchased a fab new pair of Ray Bans -
from Khanh's,
but it wasn't really exciting 
because they were just replacing the pair I 
dropped the day before at 
McDonald's in Manorville.

(I forgot my camera
so forgive the iphone pics.)


The Classic has an exquisite collection of
shops from all over.
You can find clothing,
jewelry, accessories, the coveted Dubarry of Ireland boots,
Hunter wellies, great photgraphy,
and artwork. 



After leaving there, we shopped around 
Bridgehampton and Southampton
in pursuit of a dress for me to wear
the next day.
(Nothing like a little pressure shopping!)

I love these small villages.
They make me happy.






I also love the sense of community
from having lived there for three years
and being a part-timer for over five.
For example, we ran into Alexis from Sag Harbor's Calypso
working in Southampton. 
Later, we saw Dara from Oasis
I love it.
I love the friendly faces
and connections made over the years.

We ended our day
with a nice quiet dinner for two
in Southampton.
The food was excellent - 
especially the parmesan truffled frites
and the to-die-for
almond cheesecake.

We went home early
because we knew the next day 
was going to be busy, fun-filled,
and exceptional.
Grand Prix Sunday
always is.










No comments:

Post a Comment