Monday, September 26, 2011

wicked


Mom, C, and I went to Atlanta yesterday
to see the play Wicked.
It's been on my "must see"
list for ages. 
So when it came to Atlanta,
we decided to have a girls day
and finally see it.


Sunday was one of those
scorching HOTlanta fall days.
The sky was a vibrant blue
and steam was rising off the pavement
like it was July and not almost October.


I love Atlanta.
It is such a modern city.
Everything feels new and fresh,
and crisp and clean.



We parked and walked over to the 
Fabulous Fox Theater.


I had forgotten that the Fox is an
extraordinary theater.
C was enchanted
by the skyline
and the canopied ceiling.
She exclaimed,
"This is nicer than Broadway!"


The show exceeded our expectations.
Both storyline and talent
were fantastic.

Afterwards, we walked several blocks
 to Mary Mac's Tea Room for lunch.
Mary Mac's has been around since 1945,
and it's legendary for quintessential southern cuisine.


We loved looking at the wall
of celebrities that have visited Mary Mac's
over the years.
It seems everyone in the world has known about this place
- except me.


Our meal began with
collards and cracklin' corn bread.
I had never had either, 
but I can assure you I will again.
The fried chicken was heavenly,
the mac 'n cheese decadent,
the creamed corn, the whipped potatoes...
(Just thinking about it makes me hungry!)
C loved her entree of chicken and dumplings,
and they tasted just like the ones my granny used to make.
The food was accompanied by large glasses of refreshing sweet tea
~ essential to any true southern meal.

All in all,
it was a wonderful day
to share
with two very special people.

Happy Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment