Tuesday, May 17, 2011

grits from the past

I received an interesting friend request on facebook yesterday. 
 It was from a very cute young mom.  
Immediately upon seeing her name, I lit up!  
It wasn't one of those,  'Now who on earth is this?' moments.
This particular request was from a little girl young lady that I taught second grade to in 1990-91.  

It was my first year of teaching 
and I was learning as I went.
I was also attending graduate school
two nights a week.
It was a crazy, wonderful year.

On facebook all these years later, 
she wrote this to me:


I am SO glad to see you on here!!! I think of you so often, hysterical I know!!
 Just wanted you to know that you made a huge impact on my life and I have never forgotten you!!!! xoxo


I love teaching
and I love the students.
And it was a moment like yesterday,
that has me still smiling today.


No comments:

Post a Comment