Friday, June 17, 2011

long beach

Long Beach is approximately a mile from my home.  
I prefer the ocean, but you just can't beat a two minute drive to the bay.  
Yesterday, L had plans to spend the day at the beach and pool with friends, 
so C and I decided to hit Long Beach.


 It was a perfect day.


When I visited here, I would never have guessed 
that the Hamptons are truly small communities at heart.  
Having been fortunate to live here, 
I discovered that you end up knowing someone everywhere you go
 - just like the south.  
There are certain beaches and places to sit to ensure you run into locals, 
and that way your children always find someone to hang out with.  
Yesterday, we were at Long Beach for about 15 minutes before a little girl sat beside us. 
 C went over to her and asked if her name was Emma 
and if she had attended Sag Harbor Elementary in first grade.  
Of course she had!  
The girls had been in Brownies together.  
Well, that was that!  
Entertainment provided.  
  (And I could enjoy my book!)



Later, John and I attended Twilight Thursday at Wolffer
and then headed to the new Almond in Bridgehampton.


This is going to be THE place to be this summer.
Great new location.
Wonderful ambiance.
Excellent food.
There was a 45 minute wait to be seated inside, 
so much to John's chagrin, 
I chose to sit outside
and loved it.
The air was crisp, but not too cold,
and it was a nice night to be outside.


Carnivores Nida's?



The big wedding is tomorrow!
I'm so excited for Joey & Max
and to be attending.
It is going to be AH-MAZING!





3 comments:

  1. Erin, The size of the world you live in is inversely proportional to the ability you have to relate with other. Not only you live in a small community, but in a small world. You came to the end of the continent, sat at a restaurant and found friends siting next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Jose! Looking forward to the day we all get together again. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your summer is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete